Monday, January 7, 2013

How Angels Party

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. Today would have been Amy's earthly birthday. I was going to post something about her birthday on Facebook and then I thought to myself: "How silly to think that angels celebrate their human birthdays"...

Just a few minutes ago, I went her her facebook page just find comfort in how many people were still celebrating her birthday here. The first post I saw on her page was a picture posted by her husband:

And then I realized...how silly of me to think that Amy would be so selfish as to not let everyone enjoy a celebration, even if human years meant nothing to her any more. Amy was a bright and colorful woman from her ear to ear smile to her fuscia hair. Amy would decorate the sky with rainbows so that everyone here on earth could celebrate; celebrate her, her life, and the prospect of us all being together again.

Happy Birthday Amy!